Helicon Remote Problems

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
mtorre2006

Helicon Remote Problems

Post by mtorre2006 »

Hi,
I am a mineralogist and often shot minerals photomicrographs, I already own Helicon Focus that works very well, now I'm trying Helicon Remote trial version to evaluate it, unfortunately the program does not work well with my computer, is unstable and sometimes the screens (panels) lock, so I am forced to re-start the program.
In addition to, when I connect the Cognisys Stackshot, Helicon remote is unable to drive the motor, then it stops and displays the message that you ca see in the photograph.
My setup consists of a Nikon D90 camera with Cognisys Stackshot, the computer is a Sony Vaio with 4 Gb RAM and Windows XP.
Thank you for your attention
Attachments
Errore Applicazione.JPG
Errore Applicazione.JPG (17.53 KiB) Viewed 12138 times
mtorre2006

Re: Helicon Remote Problems

Post by mtorre2006 »

Today I performed other tests, the problem is that Helicon Remote don't recognise the Stackshot rail (in the panel i can see only the D90 camera). I tried also to remove the antivirus but without results. All the connection between the computer, the camera and the Stackshot are OK.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Hello,

First of all, make sure you have the latest version of Helicon Remote (go to menu -> Help -> Check for updates).
Then make sure no other camera-related programs are running when you use Remote, it is especially improtant on Windows XP. Unless you've disable autoplay for your D90, that means you should connect the camera first, close Autoplay menu along with any other programs that might have launched automatically to handle the camera, and only then start Remote.
If the error still occurs, please reproduce it, disconnect the camera and Stackshot and restart Remote. You should be prompted to send a bug report. Do it. If there is no such prompt, go to Preferences -> Interface, click "Restore hidden dialogs" and repeat the steps.
mtorre2006

Post by mtorre2006 »

Stas, thanks for the replay,

I have:
- downloaded the latest version of Remote;
- disabled the autoplay and then run Remote
the program recognise the D90 but not the Stackshot, I can shot and activate the Live View, the photo are correctly shown and archiviate, but the autofocus braketing panel is disabled and the other panels often locks.
I sent a bug report at your e-mail address.

Bye
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

So those were your reports with support@heliconsoft.com as e-mail? I'll try to restore and analyze them. You're suppsed to enter YOUR e-mail so that we can reply, and we usually skip/delete all reports without e-mail or with incorrect e-mail.
mtorre2006

Post by mtorre2006 »

OK Stas, I probably did something wrong, however I sent an email with the bug report at support@heliconsoft.com
mtorre2006

Post by mtorre2006 »

OK, a step ahead! I loaded the Stackshot driver (in the manual they don't say that you have to load it and there isn't in the CD ROM).
HR now works, it recognise both the Camera and the Stackshot and I can perform a focus braketing and stacking session, remains only the problem of the panels that locks after the command input, any idea?

Thank you for the support
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Which panels are locked? You can just name them, or you can share a screenshot.
mtorre2006

Post by mtorre2006 »

Stas,
attached you can see a screenshot with some panel locked.
Bye
Attachments
Panels Locked.JPG
(183.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Everything looks fine except for Aperture selector, it should only be locked if you have no lense attached or the lens doesn't have aperture control. What is confusing you?
mtorre2006

Post by mtorre2006 »

The Aperture selection can't work because I work with reversed lenses and the aperture selection is made manually, so it's normal.
The only problem that remains is the panels that lock and do not close after entering the command.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Is the main area (black on your screenshot) functional? Do you see live view there? Does "Fast preview" result in an image being shown in that area?
mtorre2006

Post by mtorre2006 »

All the function that you have listed work correctly, the problem is that I open a panel, input the command and the panel remains displayed on the screen instead of close itself, only when I activate another command in other areas the panel close.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Does the panel disappear if you resize the program's main window?
mtorre2006

Post by mtorre2006 »

Yes, if I resize the main window the locked panels disappear.