Program fails with my Canon 5d III but not my 5d II

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Gameworden

Program fails with my Canon 5d III but not my 5d II

Post by Gameworden »

Remote works perfectly with my Canon 5d Mark II *

However, if I try to use my Canon 5D mark III with Helicon Remote it’s a nightmare and has yet to work. It has failed at many places along the process of trying to use Helicon Remote. The program will crash at startup. It will freeze a few minutes into live view. If I can get the program to work long enough to start taking photos, it will usually crash within the second or third photo taken. I have never completed a task with my Mark III and the program.

My Mark III had an older firmware version. I thought maybe that could be the cause of the problems. So I updated to the newest firmware version available and that didn’t work either.

*Now a second topic.....

The “Auto Focus” function in the program does not work on my Mark II or Mark III camera.

Is anyone else having problems using their Canon 5D Mark III ?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Program fails with my Canon 5d III but not my 5d II

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Are you on Mac?
We need a bug report for every of the problem you've mentioned to fix it. But first make sure that you have the latest version - 3.4.2. It fixes crashes on Mac that were occurring with 3.3.7 and previous versions.
As for autofocus - same thing, we need you to reproduce the problem and send a bug report (Help -> Report a bug). Are you using it correctly? You need to click the AF button and then click a point on image to focus at.
Gameworden

Re: Program fails with my Canon 5d III but not my 5d II

Post by Gameworden »

Thanks for the response. The latest update seemed to fix all the problems I was a having – including the autofocus. I do use a mac.

Thanks again!