Nexus 5 Support?

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
PaulNeale

Nexus 5 Support?

Post by PaulNeale »

Does this software support the Nexus 5? If so what do I need to do to get it to work? At the moment it is not finding the Camera. Nexus is up to date with the OS and the camera is a Nikon D7000 also up todate with the firmware. I'm using an OTG cable as well.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Nexus 5 Support?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We don't know about Nexus 5. Nexus 4 didn't have USB host so it didn't work.
Note that the problem is not making Helicon Remote app detect the camera, it's making tghe Android itself detect it. Once Android sees your camera, the app will as well. What you have to find out is whether or not Nexus 5 has USB host hardware, as well as support for it in its Android.
PaulNeale

Post by PaulNeale »

With some reading, would rooting the Nexus have any effect?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Rooting itself doesn't do anything, it only allows you to use programs that don't work without root.
I've done quick googling on the matter, and it seems that Nexus 5 has the USB OTG hardware, but no software support for it in the stock Android. If so, then installing a custom Android ROM with full USB support (like CyanogenMod) should solve the problem. There's also a chance that USB Host Check app might be able to solve the problem (requires root): https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... bhostcheck
ZainabMk

Post by ZainabMk »

when i first saw this phone it is not such thick and slim as galaxy devices are but has really amazing feel in hands and software