output file name, exif and splitting of the stack

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
loodusemees

output file name, exif and splitting of the stack

Post by loodusemees »

Thank You for great software - it works really well with my photos!

Here are some wishes for further development:

(1) waiting possibility to manage output file names in Enqueue Stacks dialog. It was nice to include there first and/or last file name of the stack and exclude date of processing and processing parameters. That kind of naming works great e.g. in Photomatix.

(2) please make possible to include EXIF of the first or last picture (or exif parameters which are same for all pictures in stack) to the output file! EXIF is really valuable for further processing. I am working with panoramas and I need to use Helicon Focus output in Phtomatix (for HDR that needs to know about shutter speed) and Autopano Giga (for stiching that needs to know about focal length). Both Phtomatix and Autopano Giga read useful information from exif (yes - it is possible to enter also manually, but I have a lot of pictures!) And after all, it was nice idea to have at least date and gps coordinates always with each picture.

(3) Please include splitting of the stack for hdr panoramas! In this situation typical shooting looks like as following: (1st focusing: -2EV, 0EV, +2EV), (2nd focusing: hdr -2EV, 0EV, +2EV), (3rd focusing: hdr -2EV, 0EV, +2EV), (4th focusing: -2EV, 0EV, +2EV)... and we need to stack by hdr as 1st focusing -2EV + 2nd focusing -2EV + 3rd focusing -2EV, 4th focusing -2EV ... This can be manipulated by image count (including both count of hdr images and count of images in focus stack) or automatically (program reads hdr variation using shutter speed from EXIF).
Stas Yatsenko

Re: output file name, exif and splitting of the stack

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for suggestions, we already have plans to add templates for autonaming of results.

As to EXIF, the program should keep information from the first file. Please make sure you are using the latest version and "Ignore EXIF" is not set in the Preferences.

Latest Helicon Focus also includes methods for exposure and panorama stacking (By Exposure, By Focus).