Trinamic PD42-1141 family

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Stralph

Trinamic PD42-1141 family

Post by Stralph »

Dear all,
Trinamic writes that the stepper PD3-110-232 should not be used for new applications anymore, it is replaced by PANdrive PD42-1141 family. Is there a plan to support the new family? The new family has an USB interface, which makes the connection easier.

Thank you and best regards,
Ralph
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Trinamic PD42-1141 family

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We'll consider it, but have no immediate plans for it right now.
slischyn

Post by slischyn »

You need to update or you'll lose sales, Getting rid of a USB converter makes it simpler and less headaches. I'll wait for this before I'll purchase HS Remote and focus. If you wait too long, I'll move to another hardware/software solution.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We're working on ordering a new Trinamic to experiment with. So I can't give you an estimate of how soon it'll become supported, but that certainly will happen.
slischyn

Post by slischyn »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:We're working on ordering a new Trinamic to experiment with. So I can't give you an estimate of how soon it'll become supported, but that certainly will happen.

I'm setting up my Arduino and gshield to do the same thing and it will be a stand alone requiring no computer and cheaper. But it would be nicer to have Focus and Remote collaborating together.

Once you get the new Trinamic going, I may jump on board with you.

You need to be more pro-active when new methods come on board and be opinionated on whether the new methods are good or bad for our use. This keeps your company as the go-to place.

Steve L.