HDR presets

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Dariusz

HDR presets

Post by Dariusz »

Hello

At the moment when I go to manual menu I can set up my shots the way I want - very happy with this verature.

However I will have many presets for different conditions, day,night, interior,exterior,studio etc etc. Is there a way to save those presets?

I badly need an option to save it...

Thanks, bye.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: HDR presets

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

There's currently no way. It's on our to-do list. If you have a full frame Canon camera, I think that's what C modes are for.
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

I have D800.
My main job with camera is taking HDR panoramas for CGI. I very badly need a way to have quick preset system that I can load up and shoot. There is not much time during the job to fiddle around.

Also it would be nice if once we set up preset. I could adjust one row of parameters. For example I may have

F22
F16
F14
F14
F14
F14
F14

And I want to keep F stops as it is, then I want to keep ISO as it is but I want to move my shutter speeds up and down depending on needs. Would help a lot as well.

But above all presets, need presets. Please is there any sort off ETA you could suggest? A month, 2 months 5 -6?

Thanks, bye.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

If you're using a desktop (Mac / Windows) version of Helicon Remote, you've got +/- buttons for doing just that - offsetting a column (ISO / shutter speed / aperture) by the same value. The +/- buttons are currently absent on Android, we should probably add them there, too.
As for ETA - probably closer to 5 months than 2. Not because it takes so long to implement this, but because we already have a list of pressing tasks that can no longer wait.
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

Heya

Yes I noticed that option on windows - very good to have it there! As you said to have it on android it would be great too !

Thanks for ETA, I will wait for release for it, its definitely one of the more important things for me in this tool.

A side question - is windows RT/Surface supported?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

No, Windows RT is not supported, only the regular Windows 8.
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

So Surface PRO will not work? Or is Surface Pro on different windows? Not sure.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

According to MS site (http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msu ... .275287300), Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 run WIndows 8 so they are supported.
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

Hey

So been a while :- ) I wanted to ask if there is still a way to get some presets?

I use now Dell Venue Pro 11 7140 Its win 10 Pro system. Helicon works on it just fine and brackets very well. The only thing I would need now is the Preset system. So that when I shoot my 10-15 brackets. I can just load preset for day,night,evening,studio scenarios and capture the ranges I wish to have...

So is it possible to maybe add that preset system ? :- )))

Regards

Dariusz
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yeah, we never got around to adding the presets. Perhaps, we can bump it up the to-do list a bit, but no promises. It's requested so rarely that one starts to doubt if it's worth the effort.