Cropping of images

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
webzest1

Cropping of images

Post by webzest1 »

I am using a Nikon D800. I am tethered to a MacBookPro. While in Live View, I am noticing a cropping effect. The image that I can see while looking through the Camera View Finder is different than the image that I get during tethering. The tethering image from Remote is cropped tightly around the object. Is there any way to get Remote to display and capture the image as is from the Camera?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Cropping of images

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Actually, Remote is always the image as is, so that's your hint to check the camera settings. Either you have live view zoomed in (probably with low magnification level, like 1.25x, so it's not very obvious), or you have crop (DX frame size) activated in the camera settings. Since your viewfinder is optical and not electronic, it is not in any way related to the image sensor and therefore does not accurately represent the image you're getting from the sensor.
webzest1

Re: Cropping of images

Post by webzest1 »

Thank You. My Camera was set to Tripod View, which made it set for shooting video. The Video frame is not suitable for shooting stills. It is fixed.