D300: Leaving JPEGS in Camera

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
gigeo

D300: Leaving JPEGS in Camera

Post by gigeo »

Camera: Nikon D300. Nexus 7 2 GEN, Android 4.4.
Menu settings for saving images set to "Leave (image) on camera" for JPEGS and RAW.

After capture action the following message appears:

"This camera can only save images to flash memory when the lens is in manual focusing mode and "Activate live view when taking a shot" is set to "No" in Preferences ->Shooting. With the current setup all images will be saved to computer."

Really? Please tell me this is not true, because this would make this otherwise terrific app useless to me. Thanks
Stas Yatsenko

Re: D300: Leaving JPEGS in Camera

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Of course it's true. The old cameras (D90 / D300 / D700) don't support the remote control command that can save images to the memory card.
gigeo

Post by gigeo »

Thanks for your reply. This can be done with DSLR Dashboard. So I guess I will have to use that instead of HR . .
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It can be done with DSLR dashboard because it either disables AF without your consent, or it triggers autofocus when you take a shot, which is not what average Helicon Remote user wants. if it's the former, you can do exactly the same with HR - just switch the lens to MF. If it's the latter - we don't support this behavior, our goal is to never trigger AF automatically.