Best solution for HDR?

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
ryukent

Best solution for HDR?

Post by ryukent »

Hello everyone,

I currently am considering buying a camera and using Helicon remote to shoot HDR. My primary requirement is to shoot with extended auto exposure bracketing (5-9 frames )

I'm interested in whether there are any recommended setups or whether helicon works well with both Nikon and Canon in this environment.

In particular I've heard that Canon offers a better usb interface allowing a higher number of shots per second. The Canons don't tend to have such good AEB in the default firmware and so I'm keen to establish whether there is any advantage over Nikons for use with Helicon remote.

Thanks
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Best solution for HDR?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I think both Canon and Nikon have good support of EB. I would keep the following in mind: Canon has better LV (1024 px wide vs 640 px), only higher range of Nikon cameras support remote bulb mode (for 30+ sec exposures).
ryukent

Post by ryukent »

Thanks. I'm not so worried about LV, but remote bulb mode could be an issue. Do you know if this extends to the d7100?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

No, D7100 doesn't have this capability (I am only referring to remote control, the body itself of course has this feature). Only the new generation Nikon cameras can shoot exposures longer than 30 sec when controlled remotely. These are D800, D600, D610 and D4.