Helicon Remote via Android and Nikon D800

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
venterfa

Helicon Remote via Android and Nikon D800

Post by venterfa »

I am using a Nikon D800 and have Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.2. My Helicon remote on the Samsung is registered. It does however not pick up the D800 :(
I wondered if the problem is not through the USB connection between the two. The D800 has a USB 3 Connection and the Galaxy S3 has a Micro USB connection. SO converting needs a USB Same-sex adapter between the two cables Total USM length is less than a meter.
Can anybody help?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon Remote via Android and Nikon D800

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You need a USB OTG adapter and the regular micro USB plug to USB A (full-size) plug cable.
mjhach

Post by mjhach »

I have a followup similar question. My system is a D7000 with Galaxy SIII and it doesn't recognize my camera. I'm not using an OTG specifically, but a short cable that plugs into the phone (also used as the charging cable) and a regular USB 2.0 the plugs into a double female adapter to take the USB2.0 into the micro USB that fits the D7000. DO I SPECIFICALLY NEED THE OTG, because I see these are also available as a cable instead of a short adapter without cable. If I can't get this to work then I'll have to use Control My Nikon with my big old bulky laptop with keyboard and built-in DVD drive. Yuk.

Sincerely,
Mike
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, you SPECIFICALLY need an OTG adapter, it may or may not have a short lead but it must be labeled as OTG by the seller and it MUST conform to my description from my previous reply in this thread.