Helicon Remote WLAN connection to openWRT possible?

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
mcapellari

Helicon Remote WLAN connection to openWRT possible?

Post by mcapellari »

Hello,

i'm new to HeliconRemote i'd like to know if it's possible to connect Helicon Remote via a openWRT Router to a Camera as dslrdashboard and other android do ...

the reason i'm asking for this, is because HeliconRemote does not recognize my Cameras (Nikon D700 and D800) when connected via USB OTG to the tablet

regards

Manuel
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon Remote WLAN connection to openWRT possible?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Hello,

You can connect your D800 wirelessly if you have a WT-4 module (and there might be another WT module compatible with D700).
mcapellari

Post by mcapellari »

Hello Stas,

thank you for your Reply, i know that it is possible with a WT-4 or a WT-whatever module, but i'm not willing to pay more than 600 bucks for a wireless module that costs less than 50 bucks in fabrication

i thought dd-wrt support as in dslrdashboard would be really cool, since it supports a lot of camera modells - and it's a good workaround for tablets that do not support USB Host mode - every tablet has wireless LAN, so anyone can build a cheap wireless DSLR Controller using just a openWRT capable router and a software that can work with the router

maybe you can put this feature on a christmas wish-list for customers :-)
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I misunderstood. We're working on our own workaround for cheaper wireless remote control. Instead of wi-fi router, it will use any USB-capable device that can run Remote as a proxy (PC / Mac / any cheap Android phone with USB host).
Peter-Umh

Post by Peter-Umh »

any news about this?
openwrt routing + helicon remote would be great
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

No, we have no OpenWRT-related plans at this moment.