Tutorial misinforms viewers re: Remote download

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
bernynhel

Tutorial misinforms viewers re: Remote download

Post by bernynhel »

FYI: As of now, the tutorial, "Quick Start with Helicon Remote: Automated Focus (DoF) Bracketing, Exposure Bracketing and Time-lapse", http://www.youtube.com/embed/3LDSGWPNe3o, in the closing credits to that video, still misinforms viewers that Focus and Remote will be delivered to users as a single download.

I see that others, besides myself, have queried support on this topic - as long as 30 days ago. I know I already brought your attention to possible reasons users weren't getting that there are now separate downloads for Focus and Remote, (a mistake, IMHO, in light of the lack of planning to revise the instructions for downloading Focus and Remote, separately) on the Downloads page, but I just noticed these out of date directives on the video, today.

Its one thing if HeliconSoft cares nothing for the time required for their support personnel to answer user questions arising from these contradictions, but quite another to squander their customer's time by needlessly adding to their product's learning curves.

Did everyone at HeliconSoft forget that the previous version of Focus included Remote in a single download the instant the two were separated? Of course not! It had to come up immediately as a problem and it had to have been decided to leave everything pertaining to how customers should be informed on how to take delivery of their purchases be left as is, and those who didn't care to figure it out on their own would be dealt with on a case by case basis. After all, changing web pages and tutorials is expensive, HeliconSoft's customer's time is cheap.

And if you think that because no other customer has expressed these opinions before means I am the only one who feels this way, you are sadly mistaken. I'm just the only one who writes like this. One of the things that 36 years in advertising and PR has taught me: the vast majority of people don't write to complain as it is far simpler to just go away. Thanks.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Tutorial misinforms viewers re: Remote download

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

From our experience we know that most people would not complain so your feedback is appreciated very much.