Add magnifier to wish list

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
dogcatcher

Add magnifier to wish list

Post by dogcatcher »

When focusing positions A & B in Remote would it be possible to add a magnifier to the mouse to the already magnified screen as you already provide in Focus? At present I have some difficulty when visually focusing on hairs on an insect.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Add magnifier to wish list

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We can't do it the same way as in Focus, because magnification has to be switched in the camera body (which affects the whole image).
Why doesn't live view magnification (which is achieved by clicking on the point of live view image where you want to magnify) suit your needs?
dogcatcher

Post by dogcatcher »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:Why doesn't live view magnification (which is achieved by clicking on the point of live view image where you want to magnify) suit your needs?
I simply find it insufficient magnification, I can improve it my using Windows 8 disability magnifier. All your other programmes seem to have extra magnification available on the mouse.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Try zooming with mouse wheel. If that doesn't allow zooming further - you're at maximum magnification the camera provides. Given low live view resolution, there's not much sense in zooming even further, all you'll see is the same picture, just with bigger pixels.