Feature requests: shoot button in fullscreen view

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
shiwanlin@yahoo.com

Feature requests: shoot button in fullscreen view

Post by shiwanlin@yahoo.com »

hi folks,

I am new using the Helicon Remote after using the Helicon Focus for more than 1.5 years. I found the Remote (Android both Nexus 7 and Galaxy S II with D800) useful and usable albeit some problems. What I would like to ask to add to the Remote are the following:

1) A semi-transparent "shoot" button in the full screen Live View. This is useful in the following case: once setup the setting, one can monitor the view "remotely" and take a picture quickly without switch back to the other views with the menu. This is very useful when using the small screen device like a smart phone to maximize the view when monitoring the scene.
2) A better zoom-in and zoom-out handling in the Live View (or in the focus/exposure views). Currently it seems only support two sizes and even with the magnified size it is still very hard to determine the focus accuracy.

The problems I have seen are:

1) If the images are to be transferred from the camera to the device after it is taken, I have very often seen the error message of something like "connection to the camera has been lost bla bla". I have not seen it if I don't transfer the images. Losing the picture after just taking it is really bad.
2) Setting Helicon Remote to be the default app for the camera does not seem to work: each time the camera is connected the same choice still need to be made with on effect. Worst is that the Gallery app also tries to grab the camera and if it does, Remote won't see the camera.

Thanks,

Shi-Wan
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Feature requests: shoot button in fullscreen view

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestions. We have plans to make a customizable overlay toolbar. Not sure how soon we can get to it, though.
You can zoom in and out smoothly by using pinch gesture.

About the problems:
1) Not sure what's wrong there, please reproduce the problem and send us a bug report (main menu -> Feedback -> Report a bug). Does the problem still happen if you remove all memory cards?

2) It's handled by Android, so no idea why it doesn't work as it should.
Keep in mind that only one camera-related program can be running at the same time on Android. If you try to launch Gallery and Remote - all kinds of weird problems may occur. Since Gallery doesn't have "Exit" button, you need to reboot the device and only start Remote if you want to use it (don't start Gallery then). If Gallery is starting automatically upon connecting the camera, you need to disable this: Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> "All" tab -> Gallery -> scroll down and press "Clear defaults".
hervé

Post by hervé »

Well if I zoom 100% in live view I can't see he border image, even though I use the small hand to scroll it at the max... any idea..?

h/
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

If you're referring Canon camera - it's normal. You can disconnect the camera from Remote, enable live view and check that it doesn't allow zooming in on the very border.