Remote/D800E and Win 7/64

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
John Croskell

Remote/D800E and Win 7/64

Post by John Croskell »

Downloaded latest version of Focus & Remote (64 bit version) and obtained license on 1 July 2012. I installed on a 32-bit laptop(Win 7), and both components seem to work OK, but Focus is slow for large stacks.

4 days later I installed a second copy on my Win 7 64-bit desktop. Focus runs OK, and many times faster. Today I ran Remote from this machine, and it will not work as expected:

Remote finds my Nikon D800E every time and switches to Live View (same as my laptop), but I can not get many or all of the features to work. Sometimes the main menus will drop-down when clicked, but sometimes not. Sometimes the "Exposure Mode" drop-down will work, but rarely any of the other menus. Only once did it allow me to focus and take a single shot ! Usually the program will not shut-down from the menu, but I have force it from the task-bar or Task Manager.

As I said, the D800 works just fine attached to the laptop, and on the Desktop the Windows feature "Computer" finds the D800 as a storarge device correctly.

John Croskell
PS can't get "bug report" to work from Remote, so cut and pasted here
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Remote/D800E and Win 7/64

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

John,

Why you can't send the bug report from Helicon Remote? Can you resend it to support@heliconsoft.com ?