Helicon Remote "beta"

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
pfgbel47

Helicon Remote "beta"

Post by pfgbel47 »

Hi,
I downloaded and installed today (May 17th) the new beta version as I need to use this software with my D800E.
1. The LiveView shows nothing on screen though it is clearly heard that the mirror went up and the curtain was opened.
2. Any parameter change causes an error and invites to send the log file (I did this twice this afternoon).
Some more work to bring this ok for use ?
Thanks anyway for this fantastic utility program !!

friendly,
Pol
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon Remote "beta"

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Have you tried rebooting the computer? If not - do so. Also, please make sure no other camera-related program is running, even in background. Windows built-in image import utility and even autoplay menu are also camera-related programs.
vision

Post by vision »

Just wanted to put a comment that I am having the same problem. I have never tried the remote software, so I don't know if it is specifically a beta issue or not.

I am going to see if I can find an older non beta.

I get the exact same thing, it recognizes the camera and lifts the lens and then nothing after that.
pfgbel47

Post by pfgbel47 »

Thanks for your reply, Stas !

Yes I rebooted several times to check, I also edited the list of all programs being loaded when starting the pc and nothing the type you describe was found.
Till now I didn't find a way even to get an image on screen...

The D800/D800E has a different way to operate with the liveview compared to the D700, is there something to search about that ?
Nikon recently published an upgrade of its software "Camera Control Pro 2.7.1" to version 2.11.0 in order to make it compatible with the new D4/D800/D800E, perhaps could it be interesting to check what's inside ?

I hope a solution will be found soon because this software is great...!

Pol
pfgbel47

Post by pfgbel47 »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:Have you tried rebooting the computer? If not - do so. Also, please make sure no other camera-related program is running, even in background. Windows built-in image import utility and even autoplay menu are also camera-related programs.
Hi Stas,

I am back already because I wanted to check if the issue I have with HRemote (beta) on my D800E had changes to a point where it would also cause issues when using my D700.

The beta version works perfect (as previously) with my D700 and on the same computer, so this could mean that eventual conflicts with applications running in background (if any, I think I disabled all anyway) do not affect the process when working with the D700.

I could imagine that the liveview approach on the D800/D800E being completely different (no parameter "handheld" or "tripod") the communication protocol is also different from the one of the D700.
To activate the liveview on the D800/D800E, you need to press the "LV" button at the back of the camera body after you made the choice between 2 modes (fixed images or video images). I tried to activate the liveview on the camera before conecting it to HRemote, but as soon as the camera is recognized by the software, the liveview is immediately disabled (switched off)...

How could I help you in finding a solution ?

friendly,
Pol
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Pol,

Remote does support D800/D800E/D4 since recently, several users have confirmed it. Looks like we have broken something after that. This problem have already been reported by few other users with different cameras. So far we didn't manage to reproduce this problem, but we're continuing investigation.

Could you please try our latest internal version and confirm the present is still present? To do that you have to download http://downloads.heliconfilter.com/Heli ... teTest.zip and unpack it to "C:\Program Files\Helicon Software\Helicon Focus\" folder (or whatever folder you have installed Focus to), replacing the existing files.
pfgbel47

Post by pfgbel47 »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:Pol,
Remote does support D800/D800E/D4 since recently, several users have confirmed it. Looks like we have broken something after that. This problem have already been reported by few other users with different cameras. So far we didn't manage to reproduce this problem, but we're continuing investigation.
Could you please try our latest internal version and confirm the present is still present? To do that you have to download "xxxxxxx.zip" and unpack it to "C:\Program Files\Helicon Software\Helicon Focus\" folder (or whatever folder you have installed Focus to), replacing the existing files.
Hi Stas,
I did what you suggest right now but unfortunately nothing changed, I even don't get an image from the liveview and changing anything in the parameters of the camera via HRemote causes an error and invites to send the bug report (what I also did right now).
The error message is the same also, "an error occured during the communication with the camera....."

friendly,
Pol
pfgbel47

Post by pfgbel47 »

pfgbel47 wrote:
Stas Yatsenko wrote:Pol,
Could you please try our latest internal version and confirm the present is still present? To do that you have to download "xxxxxxx.zip" and unpack it to "C:\Program Files\Helicon Software\Helicon Focus\" folder (or whatever folder you have installed Focus to), replacing the existing files.
Hi Stas,
I did what you suggest right now but unfortunately nothing changed, I even don't get an image from the liveview and changing anything in the parameters of the camera via HRemote causes an error and invites to send the bug report (what I also did right now).
The error message is the same also, "an error occured during the communication with the camera....."
friendly,
Pol

Hello Stas,
I am back again...
I found why I got issues with HRemote connected to my D800/D800E.
It is only because I used the USB3 of my laptop and not the USB2 !
USB3 works fine with D700 but D800/D800E only works if USB2 is the connexion you choose.
Now it's ok, the liveview does its job, changing the parameters happens without any issue, and the whole process can be achieved smoothly :D :D

friendly,
Pol
foundation-

Post by foundation- »

Thanks for mentioning the usb3 vs. usb2. I have found the usb3 chip on my hp envy 1100t to have some problems with helicon remote, while the usb2 works fine.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Interesting. I've tested Remote with D90 on USB 3 port briefly, and it seemed to work fine. What kind of malfunction did you encounter?