D800 support?

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
ThomasL

Re: D800 support?

Post by ThomasL »

1. Why is flash prohibited on the D800? I use flash all the time on the D700 with great result!

2. Why would the exposure mode labeled in Canon system (Av, Tv ....) for D800? Should it be P, A, S, M?
harklee

Post by harklee »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:We are preparing new version of Helicon Remote and many bugs with D800 were fixed. Though we have never seen black Live View image so this might not be fixed.

harklee, thanks for your comments. The camera in remote mode is much more slower than it is normally. We just tested, it is possible to trigger continues shooting and exposure bracketing. So we will try to add this in the future versions.

Histogram - will be added soon.
I really appreciate your feedback, will be looking forward to getting my hands on the new version.
I will also promote this to fellow photographers, thanks!

Hark
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

1. Flash is prohibited if Live View mode is set to Video instead of Camera.

2. Good point, should be renamed.
ThomasL

Post by ThomasL »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:1. Flash is prohibited if Live View mode is set to Video instead of Camera.

2. Good point, should be renamed.
Great support! You really help us out!

Would you consider putting up a cameras setup guild on your website? The D800 video mode things have me stuggle for a few instants already. It would be a real time saver for your support team and user if there is a guild available!

Thank again!
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We added a check and notification into the program about this tricky LiveView mode. We are trying to build the program so that no user manual is required :)
Salva

Post by Salva »

Helicon remote rocognizes nikon D800, can move some controls mode, iso, Aperture among others, but when trying to shoot i got the message "The program detected error while comunicating with the camera, report a bug if this error persists..." using samsung galaxy tab 2 19" (gt-p5110) under android 4.1.1 kernel 3.011-523998. Neither Nikon D600 nor D700 are recognized. Tests where done using samsung usb EPL-1PLRGBEGTCE adapter. Adapter reads memory sticks fine and works fine with mouse.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Did you send a report?
Salva

Post by Salva »

I found something interesting. I was able to get full fuctionality for D7000, D700 and D600 with the use of a short usb 2 cable, 4 inches edge to edge; the longer cable I used before does not allow bodies to be re ognized.i also noticed a third party otg csble did not work; the oem adapter works fine. D800 is still giving problems, 800 cable (usb 3) is longer than the 4inch usb 2 cable, i'l try shorter cable when possible.
Salva

Post by Salva »

Sorry, I mstiped "re ognized" I mean "controlled"
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Definitely sounds like faulty USB cables / adapters, or, perhaps, a faulty controller in your Android device.
Gaetan

Post by Gaetan »

Hello,
I use Helicon Remote with D800E, and MAC 10.6.8.
When everything is connected, everything look fine, I can set the point nearest and farthest point. But when I take a series of photos, the focus does not change.
I tried AF-ON and AF-OFF on the lens. :cry: