Helicon Remote doesn't operate with D700

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
pfgbel47

Helicon Remote doesn't operate with D700

Post by pfgbel47 »

Hello,
Helicon Focus works great with my D700 in manual mode (win7)(Helicon Focus beta and its last version)
Unfortunately when using Helicon Remote it is another story...
Except for the settings for the camera and the liveview being activated automatically, several issues:
1. Zoom in or out returns an error at each trial
2. The focus control buttons do not operate (as well for nearest point as for the farthest one)
3. A fully charged EN-EL3 original Nikon battery "holds" for maximum 10-15 minutes !
This means I didn't succeed in getting a single result till now with the remote tool.
My D700 settings are for the body: Manual mode, S (single focus) [C (continuous focus) doesn't change anything]
My AF-S 24-70 lens setting is: A/M mode (automatic focus) that can be overridden by manual focusing.
I probably missed something, please help me.

Thanks,
Pol
pfgbel47

Re: Helicon Remote doesn't operate with D700

Post by pfgbel47 »

I am really sorry, it works great now !!
I forgot to restore my previous setting of the Liveview to tripod and not handhold...
I am really stupid ...and getting old !
The battery however drains very fast, I don't know why.

Thanks,
Pol
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I am glad you succeeded. The latest version should set tripod mode automatically we will check if there is a bug here.

Live View consumes a lot of energy but 10-15 minutes sound too suspicious. I would check the battery status. Maybe by comparing with other battery?

Please return back to the LV mode handheld, run Helicon Remote, wait until LV mode is enabled and send us a bug report. This will help us to understand the problem.
pfgbel47

Post by pfgbel47 »

Thank you for your kind reply !
I tried again with a quite new EN-EL3e Nikon battery, fully charged and I reach +/- 25 minutes before it is empty.
It is already much better !
For the eventual bug, I shall do what you suggest during this sunday and send the log to you directly.

Thanks again !
Pol