Laptop computer for Helicon Remote

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
dogcatcher

Laptop computer for Helicon Remote

Post by dogcatcher »

Since Helicon Remote really calls for the use of a laptop computer in the field, what are the suggested parameters by way of processor, RAM, video, etc. to make full use of Helicon software and say, something like Photoshop?

The reason I ask is that whilst my desktop is suitable for working with images my laptop is outdated. It would seem sensible to buy a laptop which could handle the full workflow. Any suggestions?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Laptop computer for Helicon Remote

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

The recommended system configuration is:

- Windows 7 x64
- 4 core processor or higher
- 4 Gb RAM or higher
- Resolution 1920 x 1080 or more

Minimum system requirements are:

- Windows XP
- 1 GHz processor
- 1 Gb RAM
- Resolution 1024 x 768
pixel_dave

Post by pixel_dave »

Hi

obviously Stas is the expert but it ran well on my Toshiba Netbook NB300 with an Intel Atom N455 1.66GHz processor and upgraded to 2Gb of RAM. A netbook is a good size for the field.
brentbristol

Post by brentbristol »

I have used a dual core ASUS Atom processor unit with 2GB ram in a netbook quite successfully.
pfgbel47

Post by pfgbel47 »

I confirm, I also use a small Notebook (Atom processor and 2Go Ram) for the field and it is quite sufficient for the process (HRemote + HFocus), however don't imagine Photoshop CS5e is going to run on such a machine !
The more powerful your machine is the more comfort you have while shooting but if taken strictly for the field an ordinary Notebook does the job without problem :D

Pol