EOS 550d problem

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
yoyoman

EOS 550d problem

Post by yoyoman »

Hello,

i tried to use Helicon remote with my EOS 550d. Each time i run helicon focus it detects my 550d (i can see informations on the screen) and then informations desappear, only EOS 550d is selected in the combobox.

Live view is not available and i have a message like : timeout ...
then my 550d is stuck even if i turn it off, the SD card led stay light on and i am obliged to disconnect the battery.

i tried 5 or 6 times and now ... my 550d is finally stuck even if i disconnect the battery :x .

Do you know this problem ?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: EOS 550d problem

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We have only one similar report form 550D user. He says that he thinks it was a problem with the camera itself. Please send us the following files:

c:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Helicon\Common\HeliconRemote.log

c:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Helicon\Common\HeliconRemote2.ini

c:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Helicon\Common\HeliconRemote_Prev.log

This will allow us to understand what happened before the camera got error.

If you are not satisfied with the program, we can do a refund any moment you ask about it.
krizd

Post by krizd »

I have little bit simillar problems with my EOS 500D. After connecting my camera Helicon Remote succesfully detects it, but during taking photos it has very long distances between snaps and finaly it hangs. In this case I usually try to disconnect camera. And then software is still dead and camera writes me on display something like "saving photos". The only solution how to restart camera is to disconnect battery. I work on notebook with Windows XP Home. Other softwares for communicating with camera are working OK.
krizd

Post by krizd »

Thank you, I have just tryed it. It works different way, but still it is not able to work normal. Just after connecting camera to helicon remote it started to take photos with no chance to stop it. After taking maybe 10 snaps it stopped and the application was frozen and still is frozen. I have to shoot it down. Never mind, but if you find any solution for EOS 500D, it will be fine.

10 minutes later I can see that it is not frozen, it is just terrible, but really terrible slow. I have never seen such slow reacting application. It takes only about 20% of processor power, 80% of processor is avialable. Disc is idle. Helicon focus works without any problems, but Helicon remote doesnt.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I would appreciate if you send us log file (Helicon Remote menu \ Help \ Report a bug).
krizd

Post by krizd »

Ok, I have sent report as you asked me. If you will need anything else, just write me. I hope it can finally work together with my 500D :wink: