Cannon Rebel XTi

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
attaway

Cannon Rebel XTi

Post by attaway »

Hello,

I am new to Helicon Remote and cannot get it to work with my Cannon Rebel XTi. I have read some of the questions in this forum and now understand that the lack of live view in this camera limits it use. How do I use Helicon Remote with the XTi? Remote finds the camera, and I can change the settings like Time or Aperture with the camera set in Manual mode. I am not able to take a picture.
I am using a Cannon Macro Lens EF 1000 mm. Should I have the lens in AF or manual mode? Should the camera take a photo when I click on the take photo button?

Thanks,
Steve
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Cannon Rebel XTi

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Steve,

The lens should be in auto mode, that allows camera to change focus. The problem is that your camera also does not support remote focusing, so there is not much sense in using it. You can try to make a shot and send us bug report with logs (help\Report a bug), this will give us more information why the shooting does not work.
attaway

Post by attaway »

Do you support the Canon T3i? If not, when will it be supported?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We can send you a Windows verison of Helicon Remote with support of this camera. Mac version will be updated as soon as Canon publishes SDK with support of this camera.