Helicon remote not working

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Beat

Helicon remote not working

Post by Beat »

Dear stas
I purchased helicon focus pro and installed it on both my maccomputer and macair notebook. I wanted to take photos with the helicon remote software but cannot find it - what did I make wrong? I searched the website whether I do need to download helicon remote separately, but could not find it. can you help me? thank you, Beat
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon remote not working

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You are welcome to try beta version of Helicon Remote Mac:
http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconRemote.dmg
anisbart1

Post by anisbart1 »

stas
As I mentioned before, I purchased the license for helicon focus and assumed that helicon remote for mac was included which was not. you sent me the beta version for mac which worked quite well but which now asks for the license. as I purchased the license for helicon focus I wish to activate helicon remote (which I have installed on my macbook air) in order to be able to fully use it. how can I register helicon remote with the license of my helicon focus? thank you, beat
Beat M. Barthold

Post by Beat M. Barthold »

dear stas
not sure you received my question of yesterday. upon my request of mid december, you provided me with beta version of helicon remote mac. as you may know I purchase helicon focus pro, but when I used helicon remote three days ago, I received the info that helicon remote is limited as I have to purchase a license. I was of the opinion that helicon remote is part of helicon focus pro but this seems not to be the case. I have saved helicon focus on my imac and helicon remote on my macbook air and wish to operate helicon remote from my macbook and then work on the pictures from my imac. how can I activate helicon remote with my helicon focus license? thank you and kind regards, beat
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please register Helicon Focus again on your desktop and lapiop. You need to have Pro or X64 license of Helicon Focus to use Helicon Remote.

Helicon Remote should automatically detect registration of Helicon Focus and switch to registered mode.
RADAR
Location: Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History, Washington, DC USA

Post by RADAR »

I've purchased Helicon Focus 4.2.6 X64 version for MAC.
Helicon Focus X64
Helicon Focus X64
Helicon Focus X64.jpg (242.22 KiB) Viewed 6438 times
I tried downloading the update for Helicon Focus 4.2.7 but keep getting errors when I launch the .DMG file. It says file not recognized, failed to mount.

The Helicon Remote (ver 2.0.5) beta says Limited Functionally at the top.
I get a message when I start Helicon Remote that says " The program is in evaluation mode. You need to have a valid Pro or X64 license of Helicon Focus to take images in full resolution."
Message from Helicon Remote
Message from Helicon Remote
Helicon Remote Message.jpg (63.88 KiB) Viewed 6438 times
It sees my Canon 5D Mark II and turns on live view. I turn off live view and take a shot. I have strobes connect to my camera via sync cord. I can take a photo, the strobes will fire. But no image appears on the screen. After that, I can't take anymore photos.

Where is the fully function Helicon Remote (beta) since I do have a valid X64 license?
What else am I doing wrong. I've downloaded the steps on how to use Helicon Remote, but I can't get past the start up.

James Di Loreto
Smithsonian Institution
National Museum of Natural History
Washington, DC 20560
USA
diloreto@si.edu
http://www.mnh.si.edu/