Problems with Helicon Remote

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
tived

Problems with Helicon Remote

Post by tived »

Hi,

I have both Canon 1D Mk III and IV, but Helicon Remote will only operate with my Mk IV, it sees the Mk III, but it just freezes. It shows that its a Mk III that is connected, but in the preview area it just says that the camera is not connected.

this is using Vista on a HP Laptop DV9000 (2.4Ghz, 4GB ram and 2x 250GB HDD)

Is there anyway to run Helicon remote on smaller devices to take out in the field? Such as a netbook, where you are just wanting it to automate the shooting, and perhaps storing of the images, but not processing them in Helicon Focus at that stage. E.g a collection of image stage (Stage 1), Stage 2 is processing the images on a more powerful workstation!?

Any help here, please

Henrik
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Problems with Helicon Remote

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Henrik,

Thanks for the feedback. We will send you a new beta via email, I would appreciate if you test it with Canon MK III.

Yes, you can run Helicon Remote on a netbook and process the stack later on the main workstation. The major requirement for netbooks is to have resolution at least 1280*768 and Windows system.
tived

Post by tived »

Stas,

You Da Man!

It works! I can now use both my Canon 1D MK III and Mk IV, I better go down and get the 5D Mk II and Mk I and see if they too work.

Now I know I am pushing out friendship here :-) but what are the lowest specs you can run Helicon Remote with?

I have to go to a remote site, in the Australian Outback, on a salt lake where I have to make some focus stacks, and if I can get all this to work as planned, some focus stacked pano's :-)
yes, there is nothing like a bit of pressure :-) (well pressure on me!)

Thanks very much for the prompt reply, very impressive!

all the best

Henrik
A Dane Down Under
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Henrik,

I appreciate you tested it right away.

We do our best :) I would suggest you to set low resolution on your computer (down to 1280*768) and see if Helicon Remote will be functional on such a screen. Other parameters of the netbook like RAM or CPU should not be a problem.