Helicon Remote and Leica microscope camera

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Thomas

Helicon Remote and Leica microscope camera

Post by Thomas »

Hi,

I work with a Leica M165C microscope with a Leica DFC490 camera and motorised focus system, which was purchased as part of a package from Syncroscopy in order to automate image capture between two focus points and create montages. My experience with the auto-montage software and its associated capture system is riddled with crashes, bug reports and endless frustration with the user-unfriendliness of the software (no keyboard shortcuts!). We have purchased your Helicon Focus software, but Helicon Remote does not work with the Leica camera, which after reading the manual and the forums I find unsurprising, as it is undoubtedly a completely different system from a digital camera. I was just wondering if there were any plans for development of the software with a view to supporting these cameras, or any workarounds that may let me use at least someth of the functionality of the Remote software.

Many thanks,
Thomas
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon Remote and Leica microscope camera

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thomas,

Thanks for your request. We are now testing Helicon Remote 2.x which supports external stepper devices and cameras. We added control for Trinamic stepper motor, Stack Shot macro rails and we plan to add support for cameras which are detected as web cameras by Windows. We also adding support for M-shot cameras, this may be interesting for you, because these cameras are optimized for microscopes and have resolution up to 5mpix.
Thomas

Re: Helicon Remote and Leica microscope camera

Post by Thomas »

Stas,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I'd be very happy to test and provide feedback on Remote 2 and its compatability with our system if it gets to that stage over the next couple of months, just let me know via PM.