D300 nikon

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Laglue37

D300 nikon

Post by Laglue37 »

Hello
I have just buy up grade to 5.1Pro.
It was of course to have the remote controle for my Nikon D300.
First try was very harmfull and it did not work
I see D300 in a case but nothing another place , and it is very difficult to exit program .
On the D300 in mtp/ptp I have a running line under PC in the top visu, and i expect the mirror is up because no view in ocular.
I spend a lot of time in waiting.

Sorry for my poor English
Bye
Stas Yatsenko

Re: D300 nikon

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please try the latest release of Helicon Focus 5.1.12:
http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconFocus.exe
Laglue37

Post by Laglue37 »

Hello
thank's for answer.
I upgrade to this version and restart my computer.
But there his no change at all.
I can see only the name of D300 in the small case but a grey scale said camera not connected.
No command are working and the sand timer is always running (fixed).
It is also very long to go out the programm.
Because nikon programs for acquisition and nikon view are running , i have tried to ecxecute remote after there use and close.
It the same probleme.

Waiting for you
@++
roncromberge

Post by roncromberge »

It works by me.

Windows 7 home premium running as an virtual machine on mac OS X (No native mac app yet) Should work with xp and vista also!

I have no nikon apps running when i start helicon remote. i first make te wire connection with camera off. then turn camera on (windows response with usual window etc.) then start helicon focus. the camera react with mirror up. and heliconfocus see the camera. Then i can do the magic stuff.
Laglue37

Post by Laglue37 »

You are lucky

I trie again , after throw away my nikon programm.
I get the same problem. as before.
And it is always difficult to exit the programm (I swicht off and restart).
So well desapointed , I dowload the file on a second Pc with also XP.
It is the same reponse.but if i click on preference i get a new window with several menus , and i can see for first time the log file.
But that all change
I close the test with a lot of time waiting to exit the programm.

Waiting for help again.
@ B.B
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I will send you a beta of the newer version via email, please check if it is working better. Please contact us via support@heliconsoft.com
Laglue37

Post by Laglue37 »

Hello I just received your mail
Itry it

Firts
No detection of the D300 on both two computer

It is possible du obtain log file on both

It is very easy to escape from programm
I was oblige to cut a lot of charactere to send this log file
Thank's for your attention and help.
Log file
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for feedback. While we are preparing new version, please check that PTP (not USB mass storage) mode is set in your D300 camera. Then reinstall Helicon Focus and check if Helicon Remote detects the camera. We tested D300 in office a few weeks ago and there was no problem with detection.
Laglue37

Post by Laglue37 »

Thank's for answers.

No result at all.
It is holidays time for me, soo see you soon.
For information when I connect my D300 to computer ,I get a window , where I can make a choise of program to use it.
Remote control don't appeared in the list .
If I used the MS utility I can transfert the pictures from D300 to computer, and also have new pictures directly transfered.Same with Nikon utility programm fournished.

Hi , always interrest and Helicon user
By
B.B
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We tested D300 again. The program does not see the camera if it is in USB mass storage mode. And it does detect camera if it is PTP mode. Please check in camera settings the mode of USB connection.
image360

Post by image360 »

I've been using a D300, and it works, but it is extremely slow. After setting the near and far locations via the focus control buttons I found I had a 47 focus bracket. Thats fine, I was using F2.8 as a test. When I clicked on "Start Shooting" it took 2-3 minutes before the first shot was fired, is this normal?

And, can you manually set the focus via the lens and then set the near and far locations from this? It could be a lot faster than the focus control buttons. Not sure I really understand fully how they work, is there a way to say go to infinity or as near as the lens supports via the focus control buttons?

In general, I like what I'm seeing here, will try it with a Canon too, but at least right now the slowness is a serious issue for me as If i'm shooting outside with this I can not have it take even 10-15 seconds to start the shoot sequence as the light can change too much.

Also, any way to speed up the time between shots? I've set the options I found in preferences to 1 second, seems to be the minimum value?

Regards,

Robert
image360

Post by image360 »

Just after I posted this, got news of an update to Helicon and I guess the remote, think it's now at 2.0.11 and this appears to have fixed the slowness, speed is fine now, at least with D300.

And based on testing with Canons, it appears to me that you HAVE to use the focus controls in the software to set your near and far points, that is you can NOT simply focus the lens and then select the near point, focus again and select the far point.

And so far Remote seems to work with Canon T2i (550) and Canon 50D.

Back to more testing!

And happy new year to all!

Robert
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Robert, thanks for your feedback. Indeed, you need to change focus with the controls of the program, otherwise the program will no know that focusing was changed! I would appreciate your testing and reports. You can write us directly at support@heliconsoft.com