Moving closeup section in live view screen

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
ntraining

Moving closeup section in live view screen

Post by ntraining »

Hello,
I have used Helicon Focus and decided to purchase the Pro version to also use the Remote program with my Canon T1i. I am able to click the magnifying cursor to zoom in on the Live View screen but the closeup section is always in the upper left section of the screen. I would like to be able to move it onto my subject in the center of the screen to facilitate better focusing, but haven't been able to figure out how to do this. I can move the closeup section around using the camera's buttons, but clicking on the magnifying glass in Helicon Remote always sends the closeup section to the same place - the upper left hand section of the computer and camera screen. I would like to be able to adjust this on the laptop so that I don't have to touch the camera at all while focusing and shooting photos. Can anyone tell me if there is something I have missed about moving the magnified section in the program screen?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Moving closeup section in live view screen

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please use Helicon Remote menu "Preferences->General->Live View display= Fit window"
ntraining

Post by ntraining »

Thank you for the reply, but that doesn't address my problem. When in the Live View display screen, clicking the "+" magnifying glass icon always zooms to the upper left of the screen. The icon changes to a "-" magnifying glass icon with a four way red directional arrow underneath. Nothing I have tried enables me to use the directional arrows to move around in the overall screen. Is there some means of moving the enlarged (zoom) area inside the Live View screen. I have moved the zoomed area on the camera's live view screen before starting Remote, but the program always returns to the upper left.

After taking a picture I can magnify the shot and navigate around in it by pressing "M" on the keyboard and zooming using the magnifying glass icon; I haven't been able to get this to work before shooting and it would really be nice to do the same when composing and focusing the photo.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please download and install the latest release of Helicon Focus: http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconFocus.exe

Then please unzip this file http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconRemote.zip into the current Helicon Focus folder, and run Helicon Remote. Please open Prefernces\Tools and send us current log.