Nikon D3s

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
work_permit

Nikon D3s

Post by work_permit »

Helicon remote won't recognize my Nikon D3s. I've tried starting Helicon remote and then plugging in the camera, as well as having the camera plugged in and then starting Helicon remote. Camera Control Pro 2 v2.7.0 (file version 2.7.0.3000) does recognize the D3s. Does Helicon remote support the D3s?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Nikon D3s

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We fixed some bugs in this version and we would appreciate if you test it. If the program still does not recognize the camera, try to remove all *.md3 files except of Type0001.md3 in the Helicon Remote folder. It would be helpful if you also send us remote_control.log from the folder with Helicon Remote.exe
work_permit

Post by work_permit »

TVM. I deleted all md3 files except Type0001.md3. Still no connection. I forwarded remote_control.log to support@heliconsoft.com. I'm using the latest version on your download page http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconFocus.exe, which is 5.0.6, 10,12,2009. Happy to download any beta you'd like me to try to help you debug. I understand the D3s is very new. FWIW, older versions of CCP2 did not recogonize D3s.

BTW, do you prefer me to turn on the camera before or after I start the software? I always try both ways.
work_permit

Post by work_permit »

Do you have any update? Is there anything I can do to help? I notice Nikon updated it's SDK on Jan 21 to support the D3s.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please unzip this file http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconRemote.zip into the current Helicon Focus folder, then run Helicon Remote. Please open Prefernces\Tools and send us current log.
work_permit

Post by work_permit »

Great progress. Helicon focus recognized the D3s. I sent you the log. The program hung when I attempted to close out of the log file, (or alternatively spent several minutes). It hung on an AF calibrator check as well. I can send more controlled experiments as directed. FYI, I only have 7 days left on the trial.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please open Prefernces\Tools and send us (support@heliconsoft.com) current log.
work_permit

Post by work_permit »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:Please open Prefernces\Tools and send us (support@heliconsoft.com) current log.
I did yesterday. Did you not receive it? I'll send it again