Trial Version

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
smilodon1

Trial Version

Post by smilodon1 »

I have an unlimited license for Helicon Focus and have a question about Helicon Remote. I'm using it with a Nikon D90. When I run remote the camera is detected without problem but then I can't do anything with it. I checked in About and found that I have a trial version with 0 days left. I can't exit the program as it seems locked. How do I get away from the Trial Version? Your help is appreciated.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Trial Version

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for your report. We will fix this bug.
reblaus

Post by reblaus »

Hello -
I have a similar problem with a licensed HF version (Canon 500 D is detected but won't work because it is a "0 day trial version"). I can leave it without problems, though.
How can I get a functional test version, and how could I buy it?

RB
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We fixed this bug in version 5.0.7 of Helicon Focus which we will publish in the coming days.
C&JPhotography

Post by C&JPhotography »

I downloaded version 5.0.6 Today. Have the same problem regarding a trial version with zero days left.

I have spent a few hours shooting images with my 1D3 and they do not record either to disk or to the cards in the camera.

Is 5.0.7 available?

Is the program malfunctioning due to this zero days feature or something else?

I really want the mirror to lock up and stay up while stepping through images that actually end up in a stack I can process.

I can not see much reason the continuous mirror lockup would not be the default setting.

I really can not understand how we are expected to get a favorable opinion of the software during a trial where we are not permissioned to actually use the product. And rather than having a window pop up informing the trial is set to zero days the product just works in all but creating images.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please unzip this file into the Helicon Focus folder:
http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconRemote.zip

We would appreciate if you test it.