Burst mode not moving rail D850/Wemacro/Windows 10

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
DrJeff

Burst mode not moving rail D850/Wemacro/Windows 10

Post by DrJeff »

I've been using the helicon remote software for the first time today with my D850 and Wemacro rail on my windows 10 laptop. The standard mode where with the interval and moving backwards and forwards works great (for static subjects) but when I activate burst mode the rail does not move at all (but the camera fires for the specified number of frames). Any idea why it would not be moving the rail in burst mode but fine in the standard mode?

Windows 10
Helicon Remote 3.7.9
Wemacro (bought in October so should be running latest firmware)
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Burst mode not moving rail D850/Wemacro/Windows 10

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Wemacro is not supported for that mode, only Stackshot. I'm not sure why there was no informational message on that, perhaps we forgot to put one in, I'll look into it.
If at some point Wemacro developers release a firmware update that will let us control the movement speed, then Wemacro will work, too. It's definitely technically possible for them.
DrJeff

Re: Burst mode not moving rail D850/Wemacro/Windows 10

Post by DrJeff »

Thanks for the quick reply, sad to hear it is not implemented for wemacro. I think it should just move the rail at its default speed while shooting continuously if the rail speed cannot be controlled. At least then I could set the aperture for the rail speed and shutter rate of the camera. I'll have to have a play with just using the >>> forward button and an external shutter release for field stacking.