Losing Keyboard Shortcuts

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
jorsillo

Losing Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by jorsillo »

I love that I am able to customize various keyboard shortcuts in Remote. The only problem is that after I close and relaunch Remote none of my custom shortcuts are saved. They all revert back to the defaults. Is there a step I am missing in order to permanently save my own shortcuts?

This is the latest version of Remote running on Windows 10.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Losing Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I've just tried it out and couldn't find any problem with saving keyboard shortcuts. Settings are saved upon pressing "OK" in the "Preferences" dialog. Does your Helicon Remote also lose any other changes you make in the preferences?
jorsillo

Post by jorsillo »

No, it seems to save all other settings. Curiously, it saved one custom shortcut but not others. Specifically, I set 'Start Shooting' to the character 'q' and it remembers that. I also changed 'Small to camera' to left arrow and 'Small to infinity' to right arrow (essentially removing the modifier keys) and changed 'Save nearest point and farthest point to 1 and 2, but all of those revert back to defaults after restarting the program.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Indeed, the hotkeys for those specific actions are not saved, we're looking into it right now.
jorsillo

Post by jorsillo »

Any updates on fixing these custom keyboard shortcuts?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Not yet, sorry, but we'll fix it.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

This is fixed in Helicon Remote 3.9.8 that is now available for download: https://www.heliconsoft.com/software-downloads/