Zoom of Live View

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
jorsillo

Zoom of Live View

Post by jorsillo »

I would like to be able to zoom the live view to 100%. When I use the scroll wheel to it maxes out at 50%, but if I zoom the live view on the back of the camera to 100% I can also see that 100% view in Helicon Remote. As soon as I use the scroll wheel to zoom back out, I am capped at 50% again with the scroll wheel. This is with a Nikon D850. Is there any way to get the scroll wheel to zoom all the way to 100%, or even if there was a software option in the program to zoom the live view other than using the scroll wheel?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Zoom of Live View

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Indeed, we were missing the 100% and 200% zoom options for Nikon D850, we've just fixed it and these zoom levels will be available in the next update of Helicon Remote. If you need this to work urgently, you can download the new build of the program right now (I assume you're on Windows): https://office.heliconsoft.com/cloud/index.php/s/W9GixEiTGCMyeiP
jorsillo

Post by jorsillo »

Thanks for this. I downloaded the version you linked and it does indeed solve the problem. The only issue I have now is it does not seem to support multiple users on the same computer. When other users log in to the machine it says they are on a trial version and have limited functionality (can't shoot in RAW).
I did the whole registration process and generated the keys.ini file but it still doesn't work for other users. I went so far as to uninstall the new version and reinstall the currently available software, register it online and generate a new keys.ini, but other users on the same machine are still showing the software as a trial version.

I am hoping the updated version will be released soon and there will be an easier way to account for multiple users on a single computer, especially since we have purchased 10 licenses.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

That instruction was for Helicon Focus. You could also activate Remote in a similar way, but the file had to be placed in every user's profile folder, which isn't very convenient. We've made the adjustments, now you should be able to activate it with keys.ini placed alongside HeliconRemote.exe, exactly as the docs say. Download link below.

https://office.heliconsoft.com/cloud/index.php/s/wJSs4YZDd4Pqp4z
jorsillo

Post by jorsillo »

Installed the version you linked above and so far so good. Live view zoom is working well and it seems to recognize the keys file so the other user accounts are now showing the full registered version.
Thanks for addressing this so quickly!