Helicon Remote for Android

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Navneet

Helicon Remote for Android

Post by Navneet »

Hello,
I have Asus Fonepad ME371MG Android tablet and installed Helicon Remote. Initially it did not detect my camera (Canon 60D) at all. I rooted by tab, and installed USB Host Check application to enable USB Host Support. And now, it detects my camera and then it goes away after couple of seconds. I saw something error related to USB power - dont exactly remember now. The error appeared only or twice. Mouse, PC Keyboard, USB Pendrive works fine (using USB OTG cable) but my 60D does not. I tried removing camera, reconnected, rebooted both camera and tab but same problem. Any thoughts or ideas. Thanks!
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon Remote for Android

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

This is most likely not a problem with our app. Test it with help of some other camera-related program (Gallery, for example).
Navneet

Post by Navneet »

There's certainly some problem with my Android. I've already done the rooting, USB Host enabled etc... I tried Remote Release app, and same thing happens there too. Either my camera is not getting detected or it disappears. I know my Android detects camera for couple of seconds (sometimes for just fraction of a second) and then it disappears. Whenever I connect my camera to my tab, Helicon Remote opens by default, it recognizes the camera and then its gone. Is there any thing you can suggest to troubleshoot Android USB power issues? I know for sure its happening only because of USB power. Thank you!
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Probably a faulty cable, faulty adapter or faulty USB socket in the tablet then.
Navneet

Post by Navneet »

OH! how come I never thought about that. There was problem with the OTG cable, I used another one and it works like a charm. Thank you so much!!