HPS seems to freeze at app logo

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
cwdean

HPS seems to freeze at app logo

Unread postby cwdean » 20.02.2016 18:54

Hello, I recently downloaded HPS 4.80 and installed the app for the first time last night. The installation went fine but when I attempt to run the app it appears to lock up at the logo. The CPU shows 4% usage but nothing else happens. I deleted the database file as suggested by this post, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5962, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Any other suggestions I can look at? I'm looking at other Helicon utilities but this experience is making me think twice. Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some more details that may be helpful. This installation is on Windows 10, Intel i5, with 12gb memory. Just as a curiousity I installed on Windows 7 and that worked just fine. I also installed on a second Windows 10 machine and that install seems to work fine as well. This problem seems to be unique to this machine but I don't understand why. The computer is less than a month old and doesn't have much installed on it yet.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

cwdean

Re: HPS seems to freeze at app logo

Unread postby cwdean » 23.02.2016 06:48

I did some more research and as far as I can tell the problem seems to be related to Roaming Profiles. The app works just fine on other computers (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and user accounts. The only user account that doesn't work (i.e. the app hangs at the logo) is the one using a Roaming Account (i.e. the user profile is stored on a network share). Can anybody else confirm this?

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 23.02.2016 15:41

Thanks for the tip, we will try to check this configuration.

cwdean

Unread postby cwdean » 29.02.2016 06:08

Thanks for the reply, Stas. Let me know when you think you have it fixed. I'd be happy to test for you. I love this app and miss it, but can't disable Roaming Profiles :)

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 01.03.2016 10:25

Thanks, I hope we will fix it in the coming versions.

Return to “Helicon Photo Safe: General”