HELP!

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
fmgroppi

HELP!

Unread postby fmgroppi » 10.08.2013 20:55

My Photo safe does not open anymore. I just get the opening logo and thats it. So I uninstalled it, (WHICH SUCKED) then re-installed it, and the same problem. I went to support on this website and it wants an activation code? Whats up? What do I do? I'd really hate to use a different program..

fmgroppi

Re: HELP!

Unread postby fmgroppi » 13.08.2013 01:39

Okay I just downloaded Helicon photo safe onto my boyfriends computer and it works fine. So whats going on why is it just my computer? I must have deleted it and re-installed it at least 6 times already...

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 13.08.2013 10:28

Sorry for the troubles! Helicon Photo Safe is a free program so you can download it and install it from our site without any code.

Here is the link: http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/He ... toSafe.exe

We will also send you a link to beta version to fix the problem asap.

fmgroppi

Unread postby fmgroppi » 14.08.2013 06:37

Thank you for your reply, I should have been more clear, I can re-download it just fine everything goes smooth, I launch the program, I get the opening logo on my screen, but thats it. The program does not open any further. If you think the Beta version will be any different please do send it, I would be very appreciative. I love this program. Do you know what could cause this problem. It used to work just fine and then one day it just stopped opening..

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 14.08.2013 12:30

We suspect that database is broken and automatic recovery does not work.

Please run Helicon Photo Safe BackUp utility from Windows menu or directly from Helicon Photo Safe folder ("c:Program Files (x86)Helicon SoftwareHelicon Photo Safedbbackup.exe" )

Run it, you will see path to database file and list of backup files. Select most recent backup file and restore the database. After that, Helicon Photo Safe should start without problem.

Alternatively, you can just delete database file and start Helicon Photo Safe, in this case the program will scan all thumbnails anew and some meta data will be lost (ratings, history of changes, etc).

Normally the program should recover automatically, I would appreciate if you can send us this broken database files for tests. You can upload it as password protected zip to our ftp server (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp-server/)

Peter42y2

Unread postby Peter42y2 » 12.10.2013 14:19

Hello :
Photo safe is a nice program. It does have that bug tought.
How can i delete database ?
Which files should I delete?

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 14.10.2013 14:13

Please try to remove database file and restart the program:

C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Helicon\Common\helicon.dat

Return to “Helicon Photo Safe: General”