Information window issues

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
scribbly

Information window issues

Unread postby scribbly » 03.05.2013 12:56

Not sure if this is true for everyone? Just a few issues...

But if QuickView window is open then Information window does not open when clicking on the little "i" icon pop-up on the thumbnail (it can be opened using Cntl+i or Context Menu). EDIT: I've also just noticed that if the QuickView window is open it also stops the Map Panel and the QuickEdit window opening.

Also, it does not open on the correct monitor (I have a few), unlike the QuickView window. The information window opens at the correct position on the main monitor, except it was closed from the 3rd monitor. The quickview window works correctly, opening on the 3rd monitor if it was closed on the 3rd monitor.

The 'Fix Window' gadget does not remember setting between opening-closings: i.e. 1. click fix window; 2. close info window; 3. open info window: window is not fixed. QuickView works as expected.

The QuickView button on the Information window closes the Information window before opening the QuickView window. That's not what I would expect... maybe if the window is Fixed, then it should stay open?

Edit ITPC button closes Information window.

Feature Request:
It'd be great to be able to copy the text in the window, preferably field by field and copy all (as text table).

Stas Yatsenko

Re: Information window issues

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 07.05.2013 11:39

Thanks for your comments, we will queue them into out task list.

We avoid opening multiple windows at the same time. Though I understand you have a lot of unused space on your 3 monitors and want many windows to be opened at the same time. We will check what can be done here.

scribbly

Unread postby scribbly » 07.05.2013 12:11

Stas Yatsenko wrote:We avoid opening multiple windows at the same time. Though I understand you have a lot of unused space on your 3 monitors and want many windows to be opened at the same time. We will check what can be done here.

:) You have a great memory!!

Yes, I find it a great workflow to have the windows spread all over: really helps when working on graphic related things (e.g. web pages).

I must admit I didn't go reading through the help file, but I just assumed that that was what pinning the window was meant to do :oops:

At work a lot of people have dual monitors (and we're a Govt organisation!) :shock:

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 08.05.2013 12:02

Yes, multiple monitors are a standard now, we need to adapt.

scribbly

Unread postby scribbly » 08.05.2013 13:09

Stas Yatsenko wrote:Yes, multiple monitors are a standard now, we need to adapt.

Not alway easy, but worth it I think. I also help out on other software's beta testing and one particular one has struggled to make their software multi-monitor friendly, and it's pretty annoying :wink:

Return to “Helicon Photo Safe: General”