How to solve a Blurry edges problem?

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
LS_Vee_61

How to solve a Blurry edges problem?

Post by LS_Vee_61 »

I am having trouble with a Focus staacked composite where the near /far distances ratio was high.

The raw images were shot with a Nikon D850 in Focus Shift mode with an increment setting was 1. 106 fullscale TIFFs were used for the composite and I checked focus in each of the images. As this appears to be a rendering problem, and I suspect there is a solution but I do not know in which direction to look first. In HeliconFocus 2 I used Method B (depth map) with Radius =8 and Smoothing = 4 .
Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 12.32.08 PM.png
screen shot of one of the blur afflicted areas.
(8.56 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Stas Yatsenko

Re: How to solve a Blurry edges problem?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

This is optical effect and stacking is not able to change this. Blurred foreground masks background behind it. We can only suggest to set smaller aperture to minimize this effect.You are welcome to send us your source images to investigate.
BobStone

Re: How to solve a Blurry edges problem?

Post by BobStone »

It looks like you may have a number of images in the stack where the plane of focus is between the object and the background. I would try finding the last image where the back edge of the object is in focus, and the first where the background becomes sharp; then remove every image in between from the stack. You should be able to use the retouch tool to fix the edges if necessary.

Just a thought … hope this helps!