Dust map problem

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Qwertyuiop+

Dust map problem

Post by Qwertyuiop+ »

Dear All (but especially the software designer),
I am having a problem while using the dust map. It's a great tool, very useful since I am using an old phototube, which is dirt and I was unable to remove the dust that covers the prism.
When I used the Helicon software during the tiral time, I had no problems with using the dust map. Problems started to happen after the purchase of the licence.
Normally I chose the "dust map" option and upload a blanck image taken with a wihite background as the standard image from which the software should calculate the dust location (this is the same thing I did during the trial time and thigs went well), then I upload a stack of 40/50 images, finally I click on "create" and suddenly a small windows appears saying the the software stopped to work and that I have to shut the program.
What shall I do in order to fix the problem?
Many thanks in advance and best regards,
Alberto
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Dust map problem

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Hello Alberto, you should try the new version of Helicon Focus. Are you on Windows or Mac?
Qwertyuiop+

Post by Qwertyuiop+ »

Dear Stas,
thank you very much for your prompt answer.
I downloaded Helicon some four/five months ago.
Is there already a new version? In such a case how can I update my version? I purchased a lifetime pro licence, but I have just checked the download section and I was unable to find instructions about updating the software for people who have already subscribed.
I am on Windows.
Many thanks again, congratulations for your extremely useful software and best regards,
Alberto
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please download and install the latest release of Helicon Focus from our site:
http://www.heliconsoft.com/software-downloads/

All updates are free.
Qwertyuiop+

Post by Qwertyuiop+ »

Dear Stas,
thank you. I downloaded the software again but the problem reappeared. However I have eventually undertood what caused the problem by finding an old discussion on the dust map in this forum: the image I was using as dust map was a white empty image, which therefore was quite "light" in term of bytes (about 500 bytes) compared to the images of the stack (4 mb each one). I therefore decided to use one of the images of the stack as dust map: incredibly the software is able to spot the lens dust even from an image occupied by a beetle!
By using that image as dust map all went smooth and the software worked well.
So, eventually, I hope to have solved my problem.
Thank again and best regards,
Alberto
Qwertyuiop+

Post by Qwertyuiop+ »

...sorry Stas, but strangely enough, the three stacks I made yesterday went well, while today the system crashes every times I try to use the dust map. I guess it is a kind of problem related to the crashes that other users reported today, even if in my case it happens only when I use the dust map..
Any solution?
Thanks and sorry for bothering you.
Alberto
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please contact us via support@heliconsoft.com. We will send you a link to new beta version.