Feature Request: save all and batch open and render

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Gigapixel

Feature Request: save all and batch open and render

Post by Gigapixel »

Hi,

I would love to have a save all finished render button next to the save button. I'm working with hundreds of rendered images and it is a pain in the ass :X

Also a batch open and render like every 26 images in this folder has to be rendered. Maybe also with automatic save?

Thanks, that would really help me a lot :)
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Feature Request: save all and batch open and render

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We could add the "Save all" button. But I didn't understand your second request/suggestion, can you elaborate?
Also, if you're processing so many stacks, did you consider using the batch processing mode all the way (which has auto-save)?
JimKas

Post by JimKas »

Here's another customer you would like a "save all" command. The way it works now is especially galling as you get the hourglass until each file is saved before you can save the next one.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

What we can offer right now is the batch mode which does have auto-saving options. I'll see if we can bump up the priority of this task.
P. S. The hourglass appears when a file takes long to save. Saving to HDD is significantly longer than SSD for large files; saving over network or to most USB thumb drives is longer still.
anoldsole

Post by anoldsole »

Hi, I would also love the ability to save all, both the image as well as depth maps. Is there currently a way to save all depth maps as well as images from a batch process?
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Thank you, we've added this feature to our to-do list, however, we can't give an accurate time frame of when it will be done.
umbel

Post by umbel »

Catherine wrote: 02.05.2019 19:56What we can offer right now is the batch mode which does have auto-saving options.
Could the autosave options be expanded to include saving projects? From what I can tell there is currently no way to retouch batch mode results. So it seems there's no way to kick off methods B+C on several thousand frames and come back an hour or two later to tidy the results.

Zerene is several times slower than Helicon on the hardware I've evaluated but does have the ability to create projects during batch operation. Running Zerene overnight instead of running Helicon while at a meeting or out for lunch isn't great from either a workflow or carbon emission standpoint. But the present batch project mismatch between the stackers means sometimes Zerene is a better way of getting stacking done than manually queuing up B and C renders and then manually saving the resulting projects in Helicon.

If I've missed something here please let me know. It would be great to have a better way.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

We'll look into it, thanks for the suggestion. I agree such an option / feature should be available.
umbel

Post by umbel »

Great, really appreciate it. If it would also be possible to add something like -save-project on the command line I would totally use that too. In particular, stacking several autofocus brackets together for extended depth of field requires turning off alignment when stacking the brackets and then turning it back on again when stacking the brackets. It’s easy to forget to change the alignment settings back and forth in the UI, which leads to redoing stacks, but the command line switches are readily scriptable.