Strange red tint on save

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
drchevalier

Strange red tint on save

Post by drchevalier »

Hello,

I am currently using the trial version for a quick look review for my web site. I am very impressed so far, but when I chose to save the final image some very odd things happened. When I saved in either of the available TIFF options, or the JPEG option, the exported image has a very heavy red overlay making it useless. My trial remains active (started today). When I save as DNG, the resulting file opens without any colour cast.

Perhaps I have missed a step or made an error when doing the save. The DNG is perfect, but the other options are not. Any guidance would be appreciated. Computer is an older Mac Pro running macOS 10.11.6 I have more modern machines but I use this one for software testing when possible.

I look forward to hearing what I have done incorrectly.

Thanks kindly!

Ross
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Strange red tint on save

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please upload your stack to our server (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp-server/) and we will see what is happening.
If you are user of GoogleDrive, DropBox, OneDrive or other cloud service, you can upload your files there and send us a link.
drchevalier

Post by drchevalier »

Hi Stas,

Prior to doing a lengthy upload, I tried again on a different machine, a current MacPro with the latest Adobe DNG Converter. i processed the same stack of images, 13 from a Canon 5Ds and the stack worked perfectly and all the saves were correct. i will put yesterday's oddness down to an older machine that may have had an older version of the Adobe DNG Converter installed. All is well at the present and my review will be posted by Monday the 23rd, with a very positive recommendation.

Thanks for being so quick to get back to me.

Ross Chevalier
http://thephotovideoguy.ca
sbuerger

Post by sbuerger »

Ross,
in that case I am quite sure that the older DNG converter version on your Mac (combined with the type of RAW images you use) is to blame. Just update the DNG converter on your 10.11.6 machine, and you will most likely be fine.