Helicon Focus not functional/slow on imac 2017

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
ManuelBlickwerk

Helicon Focus not functional/slow on imac 2017

Post by ManuelBlickwerk »

Unfortunately Helicon Focus is very slow and CPU intense on my new imac 2017 - to a point where it is impossible to work.

Especially the retouching window is not functional at all: It wasn't really that good/fast on my old mac, but with the new (and supposedly a lot faster machine) it is even worse - the cursors is jumping, zooming or moving the image will result in load-times, etc.

I work on a 4.2 GHz Intel i7, 40GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8GB, MacOs Sierra 10.12.6

I really love Helicon so it would be great if it worked with newer multiple core computers!
ManuelBlickwerk

Re: Helicon Focus not functional/slow on imac 2017

Post by ManuelBlickwerk »

Thanks for the quick reply.

The newer version seems quite a bit better.

Retouching is still very jumpy though and the programm does at times get stuck when magnifying images. I was not able to shut down Helicon (and save my test image for that matter) because it seemed to have got stuck while trying to magnify the image not allowing to click any kinds of dialogue (save-dialogue) or actually anything at all anymore.

I tried using .tifs as well as camera raw images which doesn't seem to make a big difference with raw images being processed just slightly slower. When it comes to retouching both files result in jumping cursors and load times - even when just moving the image. It also doesn't make a difference if I stack 8 images or just 3 images - especially retouching will not work no matter how few images I use.

Stacking itself does work fine now! - the retouching window sadly is not fit for professional use as it is. :(
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It looks like drawing an image is especially slow on your machine. Usually it happens if wrong/old driver is installed. We would appreciate if you test with different files and give us more facts. I would recommend to open only one file and then zoom and pan it. Test with 8 and 16 bit image. Also color profile in image file or monitor could be of relevance. We can also prepare a test version for you to locate the actual reason for such behavior.
Menthol

Post by Menthol »

Hi guys just wondering when the new version comes out as im struggling with the current version on iMac pro,Imports and works fine,just magnify and retouching very slow and choppy.

Currently using it on pc i7 with no problem.

Also if there is a beta version available please could I try that.

Many thanks and regards.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We sent you a link to new Beta version in a private message.