30D RAW File Problem

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
backlitcoyote

30D RAW File Problem

Post by backlitcoyote »

I'm running Helicon Focus Pro 4.16 on two computers. On one of the computers, I have been running Helicon Focus Pro successfully for several months, and it works fine with files from both my Canon EOS 20D and my EOS 30D.

However, I installed Helicon Focus on the other computer today, and it does not work with my 30D files, but works perfectly with my 20D files. When I try to open a 30D file, I get the message:

Source image <file path and name> is invalid, has wrong date, or is not supported by the program.

But I know that nothing is wrong with the 30D files themselves because the *same* files open fine in Helicon Focus Pro 4.16 on my other computer. I've checked the system time on both computers, and the time in the EXIF data in the CR2 files. Everything looks correct.

In case this helps at all, both computers also have Photoshop CS2 on them, and both are able to open 20D and 30D files in Adobe Camera Raw.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

Thanks,

Gerry
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Gerry,

Usually time is the reason for such behaviour. Can you upload sample file to

ftp://upload:nopassword@helicon.com.ua/httpdocs/
backlitcoyote

Post by backlitcoyote »

Thank you, Dan (and thanks for replying so promptly). I've uploaded one of the 30D files to your FTP site. The file name is IMG_7525.CR2.

The file opens fine on my other computer that also runs Helicon Focus 4.16, by the way. So it will seem odd if it turns out to be a problem with the file.

I have checked the system time on the computer that is having the problem. It's correct. And I've even tried setting the system time to a future date, so that I can be sure that the file is perceived as not having a future date. That did not help either. Finally, Helicon Focus 4.1.6 opens 20D files OK on both computers -- it's just that this one computer has problems with all 30D files.

Gerry