Internal render error : 5

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
vesna

Internal render error : 5

Post by vesna »

I am trying to render tif images together after they were generated by Photomatix (hdr program). Do you know what is happening? Do you have a list of error codes for all aspects of Helicon Focus?

Thanx
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Internal render error : 5

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You can't troubleshoot this error as the error code itself doesn't tell much. Make sure you have the latest Helicon Focus 6.7.1, and if you do and the error still occurs - send us a sample stack that triggers this error. We'll also need to know if this is on Windows or Mac.
vesna

Post by vesna »

My version of Focus is up-to-date. I am running Focus on Windows. The zip files I want to send to you to evaluate are too big. Is there another method one can use to send the files to you.

Thanx
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please upload your stack to our server as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp-server/

If you are user of GoogleDrive, DropBox, OneDrive or other cloud service, you can upload your files there and send us a link.
vesna

Post by vesna »

Thanx for the info. I have uploaded the files to the file server. I am wondering if the problem is caused by each file being too big.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for the images. They are slightly different in size indeed. The difference is only a few pixels but the program requires exactly the same size. So you need to crop all images to the same size before stacking them.
vesna

Post by vesna »

Thanx for the reply. Yes, I resized the images and it worked perfectly.
jtlapp69

Post by jtlapp69 »

This error also occurs if the images are in different orientations, which I guess is consistent with the images having different dimensions.

It sure seems like the software should be able to detect and report inconsistent image sizes to help us out. But thanks for this post here.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, there used to be a message pointing to the specific cause of the problem, but do to an error in the version 6.7.1 this message is not displayed properly. It will be fixed in the next update.
srdesigns

Post by srdesigns »

I just downloaded Helicon Pro, and cannot seem to render any images and keep getting the Internal Render Error 5.
Using a Microsoft Surface with Windows 10.

Here is a crude stack taken with manual focus, because I'm also having problems with Helicon Focus taking stacks automatically

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ghkx15ggb117 ... hNiTa?dl=0

Thanks
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You sent 2 stacks: .CR2 and .JPG . You have to process them separately.
srdesigns

Post by srdesigns »

Ahh.... didn't realise it was saving both file types. I also resolved the focusing error after searching the previous posts.

Many thanks.. now to start experimenting with Remote and Focus