"Show Map" no longer works

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
DimitriKatsaros

"Show Map" no longer works

Post by DimitriKatsaros »

Hello,

Since upgrading to 6.7.0 Pro, when now select "show map" in the retouching tab, the map does not update and no sections are in color to signify what portions are being used.

Is there any way to downgrade until this is fixed? I find this feature really helpful to determine which source images to get rid of.

Thanks
Dimitri Katsaros
Stas Yatsenko

Re: "Show Map" no longer works

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for your report. We will fix it. Here is the link to older version:
http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/He ... s6.6.1.exe
DimitriKatsaros

Post by DimitriKatsaros »

Thanks!

As for downgrading, I should have mentioned that I have a Mac. May I have a link for 6.6.1 OSX?

Dimitri

Edit: Never mind... I just edited the URL from .exe to .dmg and it worked :-)

Thanks again!
RedBuffalo

Post by RedBuffalo »

Stas,

When will the "Show Map" bug be fixed? The 6.7.1 (Mac) "Show Map" bug that disables color display of source images during retouching renders this version unusable for me for any rendered stack that needs retouching. Once again, I have reverted to HF 4.2.9, an ancient version that seems to be the last really stable Mac version, until the bug is fixed. Also, why is cut and paste disabled in the Save window of recent versions of HF? Once again, this feature (which is standard on almost all Mac OS X apps) has been missing over many recent upgrades.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Actually, turns out it's not a bug, the depth map display style has been changed intentionally. It conveys more information and allows retouching with higher precision that the previous depth map style. But since there's demand for the old-style display, we'll be adding adding a setting to select between the two styles. I can't say exactly when, but soon.

As for the save dialog, we probably cannot fix that as the problem is in a third-party library, but we'll experiment with it.
RedBuffalo

Post by RedBuffalo »

Stas,

Is there a timetable that you are willing to share on the schedule for release of an update that will restore the Show Map feature to what it was before the release of 6.7.1? It has been over 4 months since your June 20 post which stated that a future update would include the option to select the old Show Map feature, but no update has been forthcoming. Despite your statement that the new-style display is a "feature," I find it unusable for serious retouching, so I am stuck on version 6.6.1 (pro). Version 6.6.1 is generally usable, but I get occasional crashes in the midst of lengthy retouching edits, in which I lose all of my work, and I am eager to use an updated version that hopefully has quashed some of the crash bugs.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I think we'll release a new Helicon Focus version soon, but not right now. We have already implemented the switch for depth map (new) / source map (old). If you were using Windows I'd simply give you our current internal build, but I don't have a Mac version right now - it's under development and doesn't work at the moment. We expect to have it next week.
RedBuffalo

Post by RedBuffalo »

Still waiting for the update that fixes this VERY frustrating issue. Do you have any info on when the update will be released? I'm don't mean to nag, but your last post on October 31 said "soon."
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It will probably be another month. A number of significant changes have accumulated under the program's hood, it needs more polishing and testing.
RedBuffalo

Post by RedBuffalo »

Stas,

We are nearing the one-year anniversary of the last update to the Mac version of Helicon Focus (May 27, 2016). In your last post regarding this issue on January 5, 2017, you said that an update that would address the Show Map issue "will probably be another month." Can you provide a realistic timetable when we can expect an update that will fix this annoying bug? And yes, to me it's a bug, not a feature.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It has indeed been another month. And another one, and then some. But now we finally have the new version of Helicon Focus that you can start using: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_uKr ... jlacVVrSHM