DNG Exception Error on Mac

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
wcarey

DNG Exception Error on Mac

Post by wcarey »

I've been encountering this issue for a very long time now, ever since Helicon Focus version 6.3.6. Let me give some background info. We are using iMac computers (different models from different years) that are running MacOS 10.11.3 (El Capitan). Each computer has 161 gig of RAM installed. The main computer I'm using your Helicon Focus and Helicon Remote is completely clean except your your apps. It was a clean fresh install of El Capitan and then added the Helicon apps to it for macro photo use only. There's no issues with Helicon Remote, but... Helicon Focus will not work at all with RAW to DNG after version 6.3.6 on ANY of our computer in our office.

Here's the list of events that take place. First, I shoot my images with Helicon Remote (latest version which crashes when idle, but that's another story for another time), then send my images to Helicon Focus for image stacking. I load the sequence of images and the first image shows up perfectly. Now, I have Focus set to "RAW-inDNG-out loader" in the "Raw development settings". When that window is open, I immediately get an error message at the bottom of that window saying, "Error loading image: DNG exception".

I've tried different versions of Adobe DNG Converter but that doesn't help. Currently, I'm using version 9.5 of the DNG converter.

I'm at a total loss and I'm stuck to using Helicon Focus version 6.3.5 until something can be fixed.

Thanks,
Wayne
Stas Yatsenko

Re: DNG Exception Error on Mac

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please download and install the latest release of Helicon Focus:
http://www.heliconsoft.com/software-downloads/
wcarey

Post by wcarey »

I have already tried the latest version. It has the same error as all the other versions since 6.3.6. I'm STILL using 6.3.5 because of this issue.

The real pain in the butt here is the linking between programs is broken when using the latest version of Focus and I imagine that's because I'm using an older version of Remote.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry, I didn't realize you already said that the current version has this issue as well. Please send us one sample image that causes the "Exception..." error.

As for integration: which way is it broken? Is there a problem opening Remote from Focus, or Focus from Remote?
Knight

Post by Knight »

I have just downloaded the free 30 day trial version of Focus. I don’t have a raw development window despite having followed steps in instructional video. Why? How can I fix this?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

What is your source images format. Please open RAW stack.