Aliasing and artifacts from RAW issue

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
victorwol

Aliasing and artifacts from RAW issue

Post by victorwol »

Hi! I'm observing and lack of sharpness, some aliasing and artifacts too when stacking from RAW, take a look, the right side is from DNGs directly from the camera and the left side if from 16 bits TIFF from Lightroom. Same sources.
Attachments
Aliasing.jpg
(770.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Aliasing and artifacts from RAW issue

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please upload your stack to our server (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp-server/) and we will see what is happening.
If you are user of GoogleDrive, DropBox, OneDrive or other cloud service, you can upload your files there and send us a link.

Please contact us via support@heliconsoft.com
victorwol

Post by victorwol »

I will upload to my dropbox tomorrow. I have observed these little artifacts and lack of sharpness from 3 different cameras, A7R, Pentax 645Z and Canon 5DSR. So I doubt is the camera, it could probably be something on how the repositioning and scaling of each photo is done, I'm not sure how you can scale and reposition RAW data without demosaicing it... Hope is something fixable, making the stacks back to RAW is an amazing thing. but I feel the result is not as good as from TIFF when it comes to sharpness and not have artifacts. (I do not sharpen the TIFFS on export from LR)

Will send you the link to the email.

FYI, I have set this to email me when responses are posted, but I'm not getting eny notification. Does it works?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Hello Victor,

Many thanks for the stack, we can see the difference. Please rename your original dng file into *.raw files. This will force them to be converted and interpolated by Adobe DNG converter. This will give better details. I also suspect that ACR adds a bit of sharpening by default. You would be able to do this in post processing stage for stacked results.