Language selection

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Piesse

Language selection

Post by Piesse »

I have just downloaded and installed helicon focus.
However, the menus appear to be in Polish, wich is not exactly my mother language...
How can I change the language to English?

thanks
piesse
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

When installing it, perhaps you accidentally chose to install other languages? If you're using it on windows, I think there is probably something in the preferences to change language.
piesse

Post by piesse »

Ariel wrote:When installing it, perhaps you accidentally chose to install other languages? If you're using it on windows, I think there is probably something in the preferences to change language.
I wasn''t asked anything about language during installation. It did all by itself :-(

The menus are now in Polish, and I am unable to navigate them. I tried everything I could, and could not fidentify a place where to change language.

Maybe if you could tell me where it is located in the English version, I could find it.

thank,
Piesse
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Helicon Focus, you say? Not Helicon Filter? It is possible that you accidently changed the language when you first opened it, if you were playing with the menus. Okay. This is for Helicon Focus 4.10.

The "View" menu is second from the right. It says Poka? in polish. Click it.

The bottom button in the view tab is for languages, and it is a pop-out menu.
It says Jezyk.

Click "English".

Click OK.

Restart the program.

It will open in English.

Post by Guest »

Ariel wrote: The "View" menu is second from the right. It says Poka? in polish. Click it.
Thanks a lot! Now I understand why I couldn't find it: it was covered by the other icons and only the first three menu items to the left were shown.
I moved the icons to the right and it showed up!

By the way, I am sure that I did not change anything about language before. I have tried installing on two different computers (both with XP pro Italian) and both loaded it in Polish, without asking .

thanks,
Piesse
Fer

Post by Fer »

Helicon Focus starts in a strange language (this has to be Polish, then).
In the end I managed to get the language back in English, but I never changed any default during the installation, so it has to be some kind of bug in the setup scripts.

Fer

Post by Guest »

I also get Polish in Focus, I found out how to fix it eventually, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do it every time there is a new release.