Some slices rotated

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
MikeCT

Some slices rotated

Post by MikeCT »

In a series of stacks, some of the individual slices are showing up rotated 90 degrees and these are rejected by Focus when stacking. This varies from about 10% to 30% of the total. Can I manually reset them so they are recognized?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Some slices rotated

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You can fix it with some other image editing software, but not with Focus. The root cause of the problem is the erroneous output of your camera's orientation sensor. Disable the sensor in the camera body settings.
MikeCT

Post by MikeCT »

Interesting. It is locked on a copy stand, so it is hard to imagine what is going on in the middle of a stack that would make it think it has rotated.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Exactly why I call it a malfunction. This doesn't happen with new cameras in good working order.
salyangoz

Post by salyangoz »

This happens to me quite often. I open the images in Photoshop, compare their rotations, if necessary, rotate them so that they will all have the same orientation & then save them as new files.
MikeCT

Post by MikeCT »

As a follow up. As Stas suggested, turning off the Orientation Sensor worked. The reason it was happening is that when the camera is pointing straight down for copy stand work, the sensor gets disoriented.