Please check that the images are shot in consecutive order w

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
jp37421

Please check that the images are shot in consecutive order w

Post by jp37421 »

I have seven images that I am trying to stack and I get the message: Please check that the images are shot in consecutive order with roughly equal step. I can choose any two of the seven images and it will stack them but if I try more than two it gives me this message. Any suggestions?
jp37421

Re: Please check that the images are shot in consecutive ord

Post by jp37421 »

I am getting this on version 6.3.0 and 6.3.5. I am using a Macbook Pro on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. Help please
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please upload this stack so we can check it.

The program aligns images and it this messages appears if magnification factor changes randomly.

This might be alignment problem or the images were indeed shot in a non-consecutive order. (e.g. focused at 10cm, 14cm, 12cm)
victorwol

Post by victorwol »

I've seen this problem when images reach 9999 and cycle back to 0000 in the middle of a stack sequence. It would be cool if your software could actually use the time stamp on the photo to order them as on option to the picture number, this could help in that case.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We'll consider it, but file name is more consistent and reliable. Various software might refresh the timestamps unpredictably either upon processing or upon moving / copying files.
victorwol

Post by victorwol »

doubt will change the time on the Exif... but thanks for considering it.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

So this feature is, in fact, based on the EXIF time, not file time. But turned out that we were taking the wrong EXIF tag into account so it didn't always work. It's fixed in the new Helicon Focus 6.5.0.
AndyA

Re: Please check that the images are shot in consecutive order w

Post by AndyA »

Stas,
I'm seeing this problem when bringing in images from the Lightroom export (DNG). I'm on Helicon 6.8, Windows 10, LR 8.1. The stack consists of 44 images. The image names begin with MG_9994, MG_9998 and then cross over to MG_0005 and end with MG_0169 (I shot HDR style so the file name of every other image in each of my four stacks are is increased by four). I'll try to manually change the file names so that they all start after MG_9999 but I thought this issue was fixed in 6.5. Please advise.
Thanks.
Andy
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Please check that the images are shot in consecutive order w

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I don't see how we can do anything about this, or how it's an error on our end. Helicon Focus relies on image names being ordered by focal plane position, and your stack breaks the ordering when the counter overflows from 9999 to 0000. Were the shots obtained with Helicon Remote? You could call this a bug in Helicon Remote, but then, there's no way to avoid this issue when the width of the number is fixed to a certain number of digits. Perhaps, you should simply use a 5 digit counter instead when taking your shots?