helicon v5x for mac?

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
cjj2003

helicon v5x for mac?

Post by cjj2003 »

I really like Helicon v5x for PC (I'm using 5.3.14), however I'm gradually switching over to mac and was wondering if there is a version for OSX? The features that I specifically like (which don't seem to be present in v6x or v4x) is 1) the image browser, 2) the ability to right click and reveal the unstacked image which is selected after stacking, and 3) the ability to have the save dialog box default to the location of the source images.

Thanks in advance,
Chad
Stas Yatsenko

Re: helicon v5x for mac?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry, version 5 was Windows only, but we would be happy to implement useful features in version 6.

Current version should remember saving to source folder. As to point 2, it is not clear what you mean, please elaborate.
cjj2003

Post by cjj2003 »

In version 5x for windows, run the stacking on a series of images to create a stacked image. You'll end up in the "parameters" tab. Select one of the source images on the right side, then right click on the stacked image in the lower image panel. If you hold down the right mouse button the source image that you selected on the right will be revealed. When you release the right button, then the stacked images comes back. This is an incredibly handy feature for verifying the quality of the stack and isolating problem areas. This feature alone has caused me to keep a windows machine around for the main purpose of image stacking.

Thanks!
Chad
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks, we added this feature in to-do list for future versions!