Can I have a download link for Helicon 5

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
bexneko

Can I have a download link for Helicon 5

Post by bexneko »

Hi,

I am new to the forum I co-run the Sackler Biodiversity Imaging Lab at the NHM (London) and I am having a few issues with Helicon 6 that I would like some help with.

1) Scale bars in Helicon 6 are now in % not pixels and I can't find anywhere to change it back to pixels. Is this something that will be fixed?
2) I get an image size error on a lot of images even though they are taken on the same instrument under the same conditions. What causes the image size errors?
3) Final images can't be rotated- this is an issue as the scale bar needs to be in the right orientation with the specimen. I am recommending that people use a mix of helicon and photoshop as a work around but its not ideal- any suggestions? All the images are in the right orientation in windows and Canon EOS galleries.

Would it be possible to have a download link for the newest version of Helicon Focus 5 as 1 + 2 weren't an issue in that version and I can't find download links for old copies on the website?

Regards,

Bex :D
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Can I have a download link for Helicon 5

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Hello Bex,

Thanks for your questions. Please send us a couple of your files to test orientation problem. Or, even better, the whole stack that reports wrong image size. Here is how you can send us big files : http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp-server/

Here is the link to old version: http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconFocus5.exe

You can register it with the same activation code.

The scale bar is nominated in percents to look equally on images with different resolution, for example if you process images with 33% downscale option.
bexneko

Post by bexneko »

Hey,

Sorry I didn't see your reply. The image size errors are no longer a problem, thank fully, but we are still wondering about whether the scale bar feature will have the option to show pixels instead of %?

Cheers,

Bex
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry, we do not plan to change bar feature so far. We try to keep interface simple unless additional options are required by many users.